Sunday, May 23, 2010

Can I have my Yahoo email automatically forwarded to work and still keep a copy in Yahoo?

Occasionally I have problems accessing Yahoo from work due to our server blocking, I have set up automatic forwarding but I understand that if I do that, I won't be able to pick up emails at home unless I go through my workplace server.
Can I have my Yahoo email automatically forwarded to work and still keep a copy in Yahoo?
Yes, you could do that. But why not just wait until you get home to check your Yahoo! mail? I know we all like to check our mail, but there probably isn't any so urgent that it can't wait until we get home.





Even if you have your Yahoo! mail forward to your work address, that's even more serious than using the internet from a work computer for non-business matters. Now you'd be using work email for personal use. Your IT department can see ever piece of email you get. If they are blocking access to your Yahoo! mail, they certainly don't want Yahoo! mail coming to your work email on a work computer. I'd bet anything there are some policies regarding using a work computer for personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive