Sunday, May 23, 2010

How do I move my email folders and address book from an old yahoo account to a new one? Thanks.?

I want to close the old account and transfer the content in my email folders, the contacts in my address book and my current unread emails to my new yahoo account. I have already announced my new account to all who write to me. Is there a free way to forward messages delivered to the old account to my new account? Thanks.
How do I move my email folders and address book from an old yahoo account to a new one? Thanks.?
In terms of your folders and messages, each email can only be forwarded individually...sorry. To move your address book, follow these steps:





In your mail click OPTIONS. In the Yahoo Beta Mail on the side bar should be a link called CONTACT OPTIONS (in the old interface it is called ADDRESS BOOK). Click that then click IMPORT %26amp; EXPORT. You then have a few options as to how to export the file. Click the appropriate one (in this case Yahoo.csv) and export. It will prompt you to save it on your computer.





If you are importing into Yahoo, just go back to the same screen in the new account. Choose which type of file to import, choose its location from where it was previously saved and click IMPORT NOW. Your contacts have now been added to the new Yahoo account.





Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive