Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I block unknown email addresses from my email?

I've been getting LOTS of junk email from folks wanting me to buy online drugs.
How can I block unknown email addresses from my email?
Spam and junk emails is something that EVERYBODY has these days... just try not to open emails which u do not know the sender, and mark them as SPAM by ticking beside the email and then clicking on 'spam' button. this will send these emails to a different folder, but the problem is.... they don't come from only one sender... so you'll ALWAYS have spam dear.


Another way is to 'block user'.


I haven't tried that myself, but I know how to do it.


Juts log-in to your email account and click on 'options'. (top right)


You should see this:





Spam


Spam Protection





Customize our anti-spam tools to maximize your spam protection:


SpamGuard


Marking Spam + Not Spam


Image Blocking


Block Addresses





Block addresses from which you don't want to receive mail.





Hope this helped.


take care
Reply:The location to block spam emails in under the "Options" link.


1. Click on the "Options" link in the upper right of your yahoo mail page.


2. Click on "Spam Protection", fill out the form and click the "Save Changes" link.


Once you have this set up, each time you see spam or mail that you want to block, check the box next to it, go to the top of the email list and click the "Spam" button.





Note: Every message you report trains your Spam Guard filters to work better for you. The messages you select in this way will be deleted and reported as spam.


The senders of the messages will be added to your "Blocked Addresses" list.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive