Sunday, May 23, 2010

How do I upload my MSN email contacts to GMAIL?

I have problems with MSN. So I opened GMAIL. How do I transfer my contacts without having to retype them?
How do I upload my MSN email contacts to GMAIL?
1. Sign in to your Hotmail account.2





2. Open the 'Contacts' tab, and click 'Print View.'


3. Align your cursor with the first letter of the 'Name' column.


4. Highlight all of your contacts by holding down the cursor and dragging it down the list.





5. Press the 'Control' and 'c' keys on your keyboard, while the list is highlighted, to copy all of your contacts.





6. Open Microsoft Excel (or a similar spreadsheet program that supports comma separated values).





7. Select cell 'A1' in Excel (the top square on the far left side).





8. Right-click in cell A1 and select 'Paste Special.'





9. Select 'Text,' and click 'OK.'





10. Choose 'Save As...' from the 'File' menu, and select 'CSV (Comma delimited)' from the 'Files of type:' drop-down menu. Make a note of where you saved the file, and the name you assigned.





Once you have your contacts' information properly formatted in a .CSV file, import it into Gmail.














1. Sign in to your Gmail account at mail.google.com








2. Click 'Contacts' along the left side of any Gmail page.








3. Click 'Import.'





4. Select the .CSV file you'd like to import by clicking 'Browse...'





5. Once you've located your file, click 'Import Contacts.'











Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive